Friday, January 27, 2012

Frugal Friday

I wanted to add a little something to my Cooking blog. I love being frugal to help my family save money.  I also love freezer cooking and what do you know the two go hand in hand :)  Freezer cooking saves you time and money.  You don't have to grab take out or buy unhealthy boxed meals when you take a few extra minutes to get things in your freezer..
*Today I am making a large batch of french toast. I buy a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread and cook up the whole thing. I then serve some to my family, as much as they want to eat at the time, then I lay the rest on a jelly roll pan and place wax paper between the layers. I then freeze for a hour to flash freeze it. When that hour is up i place them in a gallon sized freezer bag. And there you have it breakfast ready for a busy morning with only minutes of effort . I

No comments:

Post a Comment