Monday, February 13, 2012

Supposed to be frugal Friday :)

I was sick Friday so I didn't get this posted but I also wanted to post this I think it's very important. Saving money on meat! Yep meat :) my family loves meat but the price of meat is so expensive. I try to make it stretch. Who says you have to use a full lb of hamburger in a single batch of spaghetti sauce or meatballs ? When I buy hamburger in bulk it saves money per lb. and then when I separate into bags I put approximately 3/4 lb on each bag. For example I take a 5lb package of meat and divide it into 6 bags. Makes it stretch a little more :) or when I make taco meat I add refried beans to it. :) chad says it just saves him time :) I say saves money :) I hope you are able to use a few of these tips and make your meat stretch a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment