Thursday, October 14, 2010

HOme made Mac and Cheese

So I warned you  I am not good at the picture taking but this is so yummy I have to share it anyway!
This is my new favorite food!!! (next to steak) 
* Boil on small box of mac noodles approx 6 min.and drain water do not return noodles to pan yet..
* melt 4 Tbs of butter in the pan you boiled the noodles in
* whisk in 1/3 cup of flour. 
* add 1 1/4 cup of milk , stir constantly till it comes to a boil. 
* add 1 lb of velveta cubed .
* stir till melted, while stirring add some season salt and peper to taste.
* once the cheese is melted add the noodles and mix well. 
* pour mac and cheese in to a casserol dish and place in the oven at 350 for 15-20 min.
**** for different variations you can saute some onion in the butter before adding the flour just be sure to remove the onions then place them in the mixture when adding the cheese.that is my favorite way to make it! I love the flavor that sauted onions give!
** another thing is add some cheddar cheese or crackers on top before baking :) 
hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy - I will have to try it - Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm gonna have to try it. Ben loves mac and cheese but I always seem to mess it up. Maybe I should try actually following a recipe instead of eying it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete