Friday, October 8, 2010

Chicken Basil tomato Pizza

We Love pizza at our house! I love trying new toppings on my pizza. This one came to me when I went out to my garden and saw lots of basil!!!
Recipe:
Dough.. 1 cup warm water
             1 Pkg dry active yeast
             1 tsp sugar
             1 tsp salt
             2 TBS oil
             2 1/2 cups flour
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water, pour into larger  bowl, add the other ingredients, stir or knead the dough. let rise for 15 min.  preheat oven to 425.
Once dough has risen roll out to fit your pan. Place dough in oven for 5-8 min to cook a little while you prepare the toppings.
Toppings:
     1/4 cup alfredo sauce
     3 roma tomatoes ( sliced)
     2 Tbs fresh basil
     1/4 onion chopped
      2 cups mozzarella cheese
      1/2 chicken breast cut
Spread the sauce on the dough ( if you don't have alfedo sauce you can use 4 Tbs evoo and 2 pressed garlic cloves) 




      
 Top with 1 cup cheese, tomatoes then basil


then add the onion and chicken. ( I made grilled chicken the night before and this one is just an extra one. see I love to be frugal ) oh I did sprinkle garlic salt on it too. Salt really works great with the tomatoes!

  Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for 12-15 min, or untill golden brown!






Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment